An elegant restaurant style dish…
Venison with Blackberries & Warm Salad of Black Pudding, Wild Mushroom & Kale Recipe
By March 26, 2020Published:
- Yield: 2 portions
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
An elegant restaurant style dish...
- 50 grams black pudding cut into 1cm cubes
- 400 grams loin venison
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 bunch chives finely chopped
- 1 tbs hazelnuts finely chopped
- 50 grams baby kale leaves
- 200 grams blackberries
- 100 grams mixed wild mushrooms
- 15 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put 150g blackberries and the sugar into a small pan with 50ml of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins until the fruit is soft. Stir in the vanilla, remove and cool a little. Whizz to a purée, using a stick blender then strain through a sieve, rubbing it through with the back of a ladle or spoon disgarding the seeds left in the siv and keeping the puree.
- Make the dressing- whisk together in a bowl 3 tbsp olive oil, dijon mustard, cider vinegar and chopped chives and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and when hot cook the black pudding until crisp, remove from pan, place on kitchen roll and keep warm.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a little olive oil, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
Gently toss the hazelnuts, kale leaves, whole blackberries, cooked black pudding and cooked mushrooms together and mix with half of the dressing.
- Scatter the salad around the plate, carve the venison and place on one side of the plate, drizzle some of the blackberry puree around and ﬁnish with the rest of the dressing.