Venison Stew Recipe
By April 11, 2013Published:
- 2 lb venison
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 lb bacon in a piece
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 1 tbsp red currant jelly
- Cut the venison into 2-inch cubes and marinate for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the venison from the marinade and dry. Roll the cubes in seasoned flour.
- Dice the bacon and sauté until golden. Place in a casserole.
- Saute the venison in the bacon fat until brown. Place in casserole.
- Slice the onions and sauté in the fat until browned. Add to the casserole.
Add carrots, herbs, red wine, garlic and seasoning.
- Cover and cook in a slow oven for 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in the redcurrant jelly.