Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen
Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of enjoying game with an Indian twist. For more details please see her website http://rayeesasindiankitchen.com
Taste of Game members offer
Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen is currently offering a 10% discount off all courses and gift vouchers for Taste of Game members, please quote the discount code RIKTOG when booking.
Venison Rogan Josh
By January 13, 2014Published:
Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of …
- 1 kg shoulder venison or leg
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 3 onions sliced
- 8 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 cinnamon bark
- 2-3 whole bay leaves
- 1 tbs garlic & ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 275 g plain yoghurt
- 6-8 vine tomatoes cut into quarters
- Salt to taste
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat ghee/oil in a heavy based pan and brown onions
- Add garlic and ginger paste, with all the spices, stir for a few seconds
- Add the meat and stir thoroughly to brown for about 5 -10 mins.
- Add yogurt tomatoes and coconut cream mix well.
- Add some water if needed and lower heat and put a lid on to simmer for approx. 1 hr.
Keep checking from time to time to avoid mixture sticking to side.
(If the yogurt starts to curdle, then simply add a sprinkle of plain flour and little water)
- When meat is cooked and oil has separated from the mixture then garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with rice or Indian bread.