A great classic – venison burger so much tastier than beef. Everyone loves a burger from Dad to the children.
Venison burger with root vegetable crisps and blue cheese
By September 2, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 2 hrs 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 30 mins
A great classic - venison burger so much tastier than beef. Everyone loves a burger from Dad to the children.
- 600 grams coarse minced venison
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 1 Celeriac
- 4 slices local blue cheese or Stilton
- 4 buns
- seasonal salad
- black pepper
- To make the burgers, mix the mince, onion and thyme together, adding salt and pepper to season. If you wish, fry a small piece of the mix and taste it to make sure that the seasoning is just right for you.
- Divide the burger mix into four patties and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Finely slice the root vegetables and fry in vegetable oil until crisp. Drain, season with salt and set aside so that they remain crispy.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side - longer if you like them well done.
- Place the burgers on a baking tray, add a thick slice of blue cheese and brown under the grill
- Serve the cheeseburgers in a toasted bun with the root vegetable crisps, salad and mustard.