Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen
Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of enjoying game with an Indian twist. For more details please see her website http://rayeesasindiankitchen.com
Taste of Game members offer
Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen is currently offering a 10% discount off all courses and gift vouchers for Taste of Game members, please quote the discount code RIKTOG when booking.
By January 13, 2014Published:
Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of …
- 2 trout prepared and cut into chunky 3” steaks
- 1 tsp turmeric (for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (for marinade)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (for marinade)
- 2 medium onions chopped (for sauce)
- 1 tin tomatoes or fresh chopped tomatoes (for sauce)
- 2-3 bay leaves (for sauce)
- 2 green cardamom pods (for sauce)
- 1 tsp turmeric (for sauce)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder (for sauce)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (for sauce)
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground (for sauce)
- 2 tsp coriander ground (for sauce)
- 1 handfull curry leaves fresh if possible (for sauce)
- 4-5 tbsp rapeseed oil (for sauce)
- Salt to taste (for sauce)
- Cover the trout in a bowl with the marinade ingredients and set aside for 1-2hrs or so, you can cover and place in fridge.
- Fry the onions, bay leaves and cardamom until the onion is soft and you can smell the spices.
- Add the tomatoes and then the rest of the spices and stir together.
- Cook on low heat until tomatoes are cooked down and the oil comes to the surface of the sauce.
- Check for seasoning.
- In a shallow pan fry the trout steaks carefully to seal in the spice flavours ( 1-2 mins)
- Add fish to tomato sauce and stir gently simmer for 3-4 mins ( add water if required)
- Taste to season and then garnish with fresh chopped coriander before serving.