Tiramisu with mocha sauce
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 38 mins
Tiramisu has become a real favourite, it make a light dessert which is easy to make and can be made in advance.
- 20 grams cocoa power sponge
- 110 grams self-raising flour sponge
- 2 large eggs sponge
- 110 grams caster sugar sponge
- 110 grams melted unsalted butter sponge
- 250 grams mascarpone Mascarpone cream
- A few drops vanilla essence Mascarpone cream
- 1 egg yolk Mascarpone cream
- 2 tbsps caster sugar Mascarpone cream
- 100 ml double cream Chocolate cream
- 2 tbsps grated chocolate Chocolate cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee Coffee syrup
- 100 grams sugar Coffee syrup
- 100 ml hot water Coffee syrup
- 75 grams dark chocolate Chocolate sauce
- 125 ml double cream Chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar Chocolate sauce
- The Sponge:
Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl until the mixture doubles in volume. Sieve together the flour and cocoa powder and add to the egg and sugar mix. Stir through gently, taking care to ensure the mixture stays light and airy.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir through.
Line a cake tin or tray with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Oven setting 170°C / Mark 3
As a test, the sponge will spring back to the touch when done
- Coffee syrup:
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the sugar
dissolves. Allow to cool
- Mascarpone cream:
Mix the egg yolk, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until pale and smooth. Add the mascarpone and mix well to a creamy consistency, adding a little cream if the mixture is too thick.
- Chocolate cream:
Whisk the double cream in a separate bowl and fold in the grated chocolate. Allow the sponge to cool, then cut into desired shapes to fit into individual glasses or bowls. Place a layer of sponge on the base of each and soak with a little of the coffee syrup. Add a layer of mascarpone cream, more sponge then another layer of mascarpone cream. Layer the top with chocolate cream and finish by dusting with cocoa powder.
- For the mocha sauce mix: chocolate sauce and coffee syrup and spoon into coffee cups.
Top with whipped double cream