Game Terrine Recipe
By April 4, 2013Published:
- 1 pheasant
- 2 partridge
- 3/4 lb shin of veal
- 2 oz Butter
- 3 pint game stock
- 3 tbsp powdered aspic
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 8 white peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 pint white wine
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Heat the butter in a strong pan and brown the birds.
- Add the veal, cut in large pieces, the stock, cloves and peppercorns and seasoning.
- Simmer for 1¾ hours.
- Remove the birds and cut the meat into pieces. Remove the veal.
- Replace the bones in the stock, simmer and reduce to 2 pints. Strain the stock and leave to cool. Skim off the fat.
- Dissolve the aspic powder and stir into the stock. Add the wine.
- Arrange the cut meat into a terrine dish with slices of hardboiled egg.
- Pour over the aspic when on the point of setting. Leave to set.
- rn out on to serving dish and garnish with watercress or mustard and cress and slices of pimento or stuffed olive.