Strawberry jelly and puree with mascarpone
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
A no cooking dessert which is a grown up version of jelly and ice cream.
- 6 large strawberries Strawberry puree
- 25 ml white wine preferably sweet Strawberry puree
- 1 tsp sugar Strawberry puree
- 1 squeeze lemon or line Strawberry puree
- 6 large strawberries
- 250 ml good red wine
- 3 leaves gelatine
- 1 tbsps caster sugar
- 2 heaped tbsps mascarpone
- 2 mill twists black pepper
- For the strawberry soup, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two shot glasses and refrigerate.
- For the jelly, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until soft. Pour the wine and sugar into a saucepan and boil for a minute or so. Meanwhile, squeeze any excess water from the gelatine.
- Remove the wine and sugar mix from the stove and add the softened gelatine leaves. Allow to cool slightly.
- Half fill two ramekin moulds with the jelly mix, add strawberries and top up with remaining jelly. Allow to set in the fridge (up to 4 hours).
- To remove the jellies, run a sharp knife round the inside edge of the ramekin, invert and shake out the jelly gently onto a plate. Alternatively, serve the jellies in the ramekins.
- Mix the mascarpone and black pepper and spoon a quenelle (shaped with warm two dessert spoons) onto each plate as in the picture.