Snipe Souvaroff Recipe
By April 10, 2013Published:
- 1 snipe
- 1/2 oz Butter
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 pint stock
- 2 oz bacon finely chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 level dessertspoon flour
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 1 sherry glass maderia
- Stuff the snipe with a stuffing made of foie gras and truffles seasoned and moistened with brandy.
- Cook in butter containing chopped truffles.
Serve with a giblet and Madeira sauce.
- Fry bacon and shallots in butter until golden brown.
- Add the flour, brown and cook out.
- Add puree, mushroom stalks, stock, seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add herbs and Madeira and simmer for another 5 minutes
Strain and simmer until correct consistency, about 3 mintues.