Great light or summer dish using Apley Farm Shop Smoked Pheasant https://apleyfarmshop.co.uk/smokedpheasant/ recipe by Taste of Game Chef Richard Hunt. You could smoke your own pheasant breasts!
Smoked Pheasant Breast Salad
By January 10, 2019Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Great light or summer dish using Apley Farm Shop Smoked Pheasant https://apleyfarmshop.co.uk/smokedpheasant/ recipe by Taste of Game …
- 100g smoked pheasant breast we used Apley Farm Smoked Pheasant
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 40g toasted cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 15g chipotle paste
- 100g crème frâiche
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 100g mixed winter salad leaves
- 2 large sweet peppers
- 70ml olive oil
- 1/2 juice of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190c (gas 5) Place the whole peppers on a oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss in lightly crushed garlic cloves. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the skin comes away easily. Peel the peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds, then slice into one inch chunks. Mix the crème fraiche with the chipotle - use as much as you prefer.
- In a large bowl, add the salad leaves, avocado, cashew nuts, cucumber and spring onions. Toss the thinly sliced pheasant breast and the peppers. Dress with a little oil and lime juice.
- Arrange neatly in a suitable bowl and garnish with crème fraiche