Game with a modern twist
Create a recipe and make a unique dish that uses any game meat. Your dish should be quick to cook and look and taste delicious.
Amazing Prizes to be won!
8 lucky winners will have a masterclass tutorial with Lisa Goodwin-Allen and Bruno Birkbeck at the Northcote Cookery School.
Plus, the overall winner will be offered an opportunity to cook with Lisa in the Michelin star kitchen, to stay overnight at Northcote (with their teacher) and enjoy lunch for their parents and teacher.
How to take part
Use the video linked below to introduce the brief
To upload each entry you will need the following information:
- Student name, school name, teacher name and teacher email.
- 250 words maximum from student: ‘My inspiration for this dish’.
- Recipe name, type of dish (starter, main), how many it serves.
- Recipe ingredients and method, preparation and cooking time.
- Photos – 2 maximum.
- Confirmation from teacher/parent that this is students work.
Further information and documents
- Game Stars entry information
- Game Stars 2019 poster – flyer
- All entrants will receive a certificate by email.
Online entry form
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is Taste of Game, in conjunction with Food Teachers Centre.
- This competition is open to all Food teachers Centre members and their students.
- There is no entry fee – all entries will be made at the expense of the school or individual students.
- Entry is by submission of one final photograph from each school directly to Taste of Game.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries not received.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight 1st March after this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- By submitting their photo to the competition, the entrant gives permission for the image to be used by Food Teachers Centre or Taste of Game on any publicity material, including digital and print.
- The grand prize winner will be announced at May 3rd.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be notified by Facebook comment/announcement/email. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner’s name and photograph of entry.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and winning submission in any publicity material.