Salmis of Grouse Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
- 2 grouse
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- black pepper
- 1 cup game stock concentrated
- parsley chopped
- 4 oz Button mushrooms
- 1 oz flour
- 1 oz Butter
- Half roast the grouse. Joint them and put in a casserole.
- Crush the giblets with the juices, add wine, stock, seasoning, juice and zest of lemon and the mushrooms.
- Pour this sauce over the birds and cook in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
- Make a beurre manie (by pressing butter and flour together with your hands in a small bowl) and stir this into the sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon butterflies.