A celebration sharing dish perfect with pigeon…
Saffron Pigeon Paella Recipe
By April 6, 2020Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
A celebration sharing dish perfect with pigeon...
- 6 woodpigeon
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 pinch saffron strands
- 0.5 ltr chicken stock
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 red peppers diced
- 2 beef tomatoes diced
- 300 grams paella rice
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 120 grams frozen peas
- Remove the breasts and legs from the pigeons. Cut each breast into three. Place the legs and bones into the stock and allow to simmer with a good pinch of saffron or one packet of paella saffron seasoning.
- In a large pan, heat up the oil and fry off the pigeon quickly just so it browns on each side. Remove from pan and keep to one side.
Add some more oil and sweat onions and garlic on low heat until soft. Add the peppers cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Now, add the rice and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring it until the oil coats it. Add thyme and bay leaf, then the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, mix in the peas, cover the pan and take off the heat. Allow to stand for 10 min.
After 10 minutes, remove the foil and serve with some lemon wedges.