The marinade consists of combining 2 glasses of red wine (any flavourful red wine will suffice), a half glass of quality red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, parsley, fresh thyme, bay leaf, 2 onions and 2 carrots, chopped, a half glass of olive oil, and 2 cloves
Rable de Lievre a la Creme Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
Marinade The marinade consists of combining 2 glasses of red wine (any flavourful red wine will suffice), a half glass of quality …
- Joint the hare and marinate for 36-48 hours.
- Remove the back and spread lightly with mustard. The remainder of the hare may be used for jugging or pate, etc.
- Brown the back slowly in hot butter. Add the strained marinade and allow it to reduce to about a third.
- Pour on the stock so that the meat is just covered. Bring to boil, cover and cook in a moderate oven until tender, about an hour.
- Place the hare on a serving dish and keep warm. Add the cream, boil for a minute, adjust the seasoning, and strain the sauce.
- Spoon a little sauce over the meat and hand the rest separately.