This recipe has been kindly given to us by a Taste of Game member Chris Ward. Chris is a keen game cook and has several recipes which are easy to make, but packed with taste.
Serve with mash or croquet potatoes and green vegetables.
By July 14, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
This recipe has been kindly given to us by a Taste of Game member Chris Ward. Chris is a keen game cook and has several recipes which …
- Lay out four slices of Palma ham and put the rabbit loin across them. Finely chop the liver kidney and heart and place it all in between the two loins.
- Wholegrain mustard or green pesto are good alternatives if you don't wish to use heart and liver.
- Roll the loins up in the palma ham to form a large sausage. Then roll the ballotine in cling film and tie a knot at either end to make it water tight.
- Place in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil and turn off the heat at boiling point. Allow the water to cool before removing.
- Finally shallow fry in very hot oil for 3-4 minutes achieving a golden brown colour.