Place Category: Butchers
The Newitt family have been located in Thame since 1810. In 1965 Michael and Susan Newitt bought the seventeenth century butcher’s shop on the High Street and were joined by Tom in 1990. Tom has been indoctrinated into the business from an early age. Having graduated from Smithfield College as Members of the Institute of Meat, he worked in the food industry for several years.
Michael sadly passed away in 2010 leaving the business to Susan and Tom to continue the passion of Quality produce and excellent service.
Today, Newitt’s has an enviable reputation. Our produce and service has achieved numerous awards and accolades, including the Britain’s Best Butcher’s Shop Award. We are also extremely proud of some exciting developments that are helping to extend our reputation and brand to larger markets and wider audiences.