Cranstons Quality butchers was established in the Eden Valley village of Kirkoswald in 1914 by Stanley Cranston, the current directors great uncle. The business soon gained a reputation for quality and Stanley took on his nephew James Cranston as an apprentice. Both men are pictured here delivering at Brunt House Farm, Kirkoswald. James Cranston took over in the 1950’s and along with wife ‘Bunty’ ran two delivery vans. The first shop at Kirkoswald opened in 1977. James is pictured here outside the Kirkoswald shop. Sons Roger and Philip joined in the business in the 1980’s. A period of expansion followed with further branches opening in Penrith (1983), Carlisle (1985 pictured), Brampton (1990) and Hexham (1999). Philip and Roger Cranston currently run the business along with fellow directors Charles Watt and Martin Jones. Cranstons currently operate 2 large local produce Food Halls and 4 traditional butchers shops (see our shops for full details)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.