Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen
Rayeesa works alongside BASC to promote healthy, tasty ways of enjoying game with an Indian twist. For more details please see her website http://rayeesasindiankitchen.com
BASC members offer
Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen is currently offering a 10% discount off all courses and gift vouchers for BASC members, please quote the discount code RIKBASC when booking.
Pheasant Tikka Masala
By January 13, 2014Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen Rayeesa works alongside BASC to promote healthy, tasty ways of enjoying game …
- 1 kg pheasant breasts cut into large bite size pieces
- 2-3 tsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1 tbsp tandoori mix
- 250 g natural yogurt
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillis finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp butter or ghee
- 6-8 large tomatoes finely chopped (or 1 tin chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tsp cumin coarsely ground
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp cream
- fresh coriander chopped, to garnish
- salt and black peper to season
- Put yogurt into a bowl add tandoori mix, half of garlic & ginger paste, and
green chillies if using and mix into a lovely paste.
- Coat the pheasant pieces well with the mixture and cover and leave
overnight to marinate.
- Place pheasant pieces on an oven tray and dot with butter or ghee. Cook at
180 for 15-20 mins or until meat is cooked and starting to brown and juice
- In the meantime gently fry the onions until soft and then add rest of garlic
& ginger paste, ground cumin and paprika and fry together for 5mins. If it
starts to stick, add splash of water.
- When the oil starts to separate, add the chopped tomatoes and stir well and
simmer for 10 mins or so, until the oil begins to separate from the mixture.
With a hand blender blitz the onion and tomato sauce to a medium textured
- Add the pheasant tikka pieces to the sauce with any juices and mix well,
simmer for 5mins and check for seasoning. (Squeeze ½ juice of lemon into
- Add cream, sprinkle with chopped corriander and serve with rice or nan bread !