Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen
Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of enjoying game with an Indian twist. For more details please see her website http://rayeesasindiankitchen.com
Taste of Game members offer
Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen is currently offering a 10% discount off all courses and gift vouchers for Taste of Game members, please quote the discount code RIKTOG when booking.
Pheasant Tikka kebabs
By January 13, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
Indian Game Recipes from Rayeesa’s Indian Kitchen Rayeesa works alongside Taste of Game to promote healthy, tasty ways of …
- 1 kg pheasant breasts fillets cut into long strips
- 3-4 green chillis
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp tandoori mix
- 200 g butter or ghee
- 250 g natural yogurt
- 1 handful coriander fresh / chopped
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- To the yogurt add tandoori mixture, chillies, garlic and ginger paste, and juice of ½ lemon and mix
together, season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the pheasant pieces in yogurt marinade, and allow to sit in the bowl for 30 mins (over night if
possible) to allow the marinade to be absorbed.
- Heat oven to 180
- Place the pheasant pieces in an oven proof dish and dot the butter or ghee over it and bake for 30-40mins,
- keep basting with the juices to keep moist.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and lemon wedges before serving