Pheasant Pate Recipe
By April 9, 2013Published:
- 1 pheasant
- 4 fl oz brandy
- 1 lb fat pork
- 1/2 ib lean pork
- 1 egg
- stock aspic or jellied
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Remove all the meat from the pheasant and mince it with the lean pork, half and fat pork and bird’s liver.
- Add the thyme, crushed garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix well, add the brandy and beaten egg and mix again.
- Line a terrine or earthenware casserole with thin strips of fat pork. Press the mixture into the terrine, place the bay leaf on the top and cover with more thin strips of pork fat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 ½ hours.
- When cold remove from terrine and remove bay leaf and pork.
- Wash and dry terrine and return pate to it. Pour over aspic or jellied stock made from the pheasant bones.