Middle Eastern inspired venison dish…
Persian Venison Meatballs with Yoghurt & Pomegranate Recipe
By April 1, 2020Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Middle Eastern inspired venison dish...
- 400 grams venison mince
- 1 brown onion peeled and finely chopped
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small bunch dill finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander finely chopped
- 1 small bunch mint finely chopped
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- rapeseed oil for frying
- Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful coriander coarsely chopped,to serve
- handful mint coarsely chopped,to serve
- handful dill coarsely chopped,to serve
- 100 ml natural yogurt to serve
- 50 grams pomegranate seeds to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°Fan/375°F/Gas Mark 4
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix together the venison, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, herbs, pine nuts, flour and spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Keeping your hands wet with cold water shape the mixture into golf ball size balls. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and sear the meatballs all over. Remove from the heat and put onto a roasting tray and cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with the chopped coriander, mint, dill, yoghurt and pomegranate seeds scattered over.