A tasty starter or snack to get the most from partridge legs…
Partridge Leg Dippers Recipe
By March 24, 2020Published:
- Yield: 10 portions
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
A tasty starter or snack to get the most from partridge legs...
- 30 partridge legs
- 2 ltr chicken stock
- 200 grams plain flour
- 4 whole eggs beaten
- 200 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 10 grams good quality smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 250 ml tomato passata
- 30 ml honey
- vegetable oil to deep fry
- Remove the thigh bone from partridge legs and clean or trim the leg bones.
- Poach the legs in simmering chicken stock for 45 minutes until tender. Remove and allow to cool.
- Coat the cooled legs first in flour, then dip into beaten egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- To make the dip, sweat off garlic in a little oil, add smoked paprika, soy sauce, tomato passata and honey. Allow to cook for 10 minutes then allow to cool down.
- Finally, deep-fry the legs until golden-brown and serve with the dipping sauce.