Impress your guests with this quick but delicious dish which uses the whole partridge.
Pan fried partridge with mushroom cream sauce
By August 26, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Partridge with wild mushroom cream sauce and buttered curly kale
- 1 partridge
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 10 grams wild mushrooms dried
- 1/4 pint cream
- olive oil
- curly kale
- Remove breasts from the partridge. Chop up the legs and carcass, fry off in a frying pan and allow to go a dark golden brown colour.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil. and add the dried mushrooms, then simmer for five minutes.
- Once the bones are coloured remove any excess grease or fat from the pan and add the chicken stock
Bring to the boil and reduce by one third.
- Pass the stock through the strainer and return to the stove. Add the cream and reduce to required consistency.
- Season the partridge breast and pan fry for 2 1/2 minutes each side, basting with oil as you go. Allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Blanche the curly kale in some boiling salted water and then refresh in cold water.
Melt a knob butter in a pan, drain the curly kale and reheat by tossing in the butter.
- Slice the rested partridge breast and serve with the buttered kale and wild mushroom cream sauce.