Partridge and Pheasant Breasts in Parma Ham Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 breast pheasant
- 1 breast partridge
- 3/4 slices parma ham
- Stuffing made from breadcrumbs, suet, parsley, lemon zest, chicken liver, an egg, onion, salt and pepper
- Carcasses of the birds boiled to make stock
- 1 large glass Marsala wine
- 6-8 juniper berries crushed
- 3-4 prunes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 small sticks celery chopped
- 3 slices bread, no crusts minced to breadcrumbs
- suet for stuffing
- 1 bunch parsley for stuffing
- less than 1/2 lemon zest for stuffing
- 1 small egg for stuffing
- chicken livers chopped
- To make stock - Place the carcasses in to a pan with water and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours.
Put aside to cool
- To make stuffing. Soften the chopped onion in the microwave for 3 minutes in the butter, and then combine with breadcrumbs, suet, parsley, lemon zest, chopped liver, beaten egg and salt and pepper.
- Take the pheasant breast and place stuffing on the flatter side. Put the partridge breast on top of the stuffing. Wrap both breasts in Parma Ham and smear with butter.
- Place into a baking tin and cook for 17 minutes at 180C or Gas mark 6.
- Allow to rest.
- Make the sauce by sieving the stock, add the crushed juniper berries, chopped prunes, chopped onion, chopped celery and cook until tender.
Sieve sauce and add large glass of Marsala wine.
- Thicken sauce with cornflour. Add juices left over from the meat to the sauce.Check for seasoning and add if necessary. Serve with watercress, parsnip crisps, dauphinoise potatoes and sugar snap peas.