Pan Fried Venison with Roasted Red Peppers and Goats Cheese Recipe
By April 11, 2013Published:
- venison haunch steaks
- worcester sauce
- red wine
- 1 chilli fresh
- 4 clove segments garlic
- Roquette fresh
- red peppers
- extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g goats cheese
- Take venison out of the fridge to allow it to be at room temperature
- Mix quarter of a bottle of red wine, one chopped red chilli, 4 chopped segments of a garlic clove and two tablespoons of Worcester sauce in a large bowl. Mix and add venison steaks, allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Take red peppers and cut into quarters removing the middle section of the vegetable. Take quarters and rub the skin with olive oil. Place under grill skin side up. Remove once skins have turned dark brown or black. Wrap red peppers in tin foil and allow to cool. Once cool peel off the skins and slice quarters into strips. Set aside.
- Remove venison from marinade and add to a medium to hot griddle or fry pan. Cook venison for about 5 minutes each side until pink. To test make a small incision with a very sharp knife and view meat. Remove venison from the pan. Add rest of marinade to the pan and simmer to reduce it.
- Put fresh roquette on a plate, place venison on top of roquette, add the sliced red peppers on top of the venison, crumble goats cheese on top. Drizzle a small amount of the marinade around the side of the plate. Serve immediately.