A spicy game casserole using a game mix.
Morrocan style game casserole
By August 22, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 mins
Made with a mixed of spices and dried fruit
- 1 kilo diced game
- 1 cooking onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 litre chicken stock or game stock
- 1 tsp coriander fresh
- 80 grams sultanas
- 100 grams dried apricots
- olive oil
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan. Once hot add half the diced meat and brown. Remove from the pan and do the same for the other half of the meat.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan where the meat was browned. Add a bit more oil and sweat for 3 to 4 minutes without colouring.
- Turn down the heat and add the spices and warm spices until the flavour is released
- Add the meat back into the pan. Add the tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat
- Add the tin tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil. Turn down and cook for an hour or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the meat and keep warm.
Liquidize the sauce and pass through a sieve. Then replace the meat and add the sultanas and apricots and warm through. Add the coriander and serve with couscous.