Marinade for Venison or Hare Recipe
By April 4, 2013Published:
- 1/2 pint oil
- 1/2 pint wine vinegar
- 1 pint burgundy type cooking wine
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 sticks celery
- 6 juniper berries crushed (if available)
- bouquet garni
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig orange rind
- 1 bunch parsley stalks
- Put all ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Leave to cool and pour over the raw meat.
- The meat may be marinated for 24-48 hours, turning the meat over in the marinade occasionally.
- N.B. When marinating use a glass or china dish, NOT an enamel or metal one.