Ralph Skripek’s Early Summer Wood Pigeon
Early Summer Wood Pigeon
By June 24, 2013Published:
Ralph Skripek's Early Summer Wood Pigeon www.thewildchef.co.uk
- Wood pigeon breasts
- 50g oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion Finely chopped
- 1 Slice foccacia bread (or similar)
- 100ml sloe gin
- 2 tbsp balsamic syrup
- 2 tbsp red currant jelly
- Season the wood pigeon breasts with salt & peppermil & wrap with pancetta.
- Pan fry in a little oil and butter, place in a pre-heated oven 180c for 5 mins.
- Heat the sloe gin in a small saucepan to boiling point.
- Add balsamic syrup, redcurrant jelly & simmer until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Remove the pigeon breasts from the pan, set on one side to rest.
- Add a little butter to the pan with thyme leaves and chopped red onion.
- In the same pan, brown one side of the bread, remove the bread and place on a plate.
- In the same pan, pan fry the oyster mushrooms, then spinach and lambs ear lettuce, season and place on top of the breaded croute.
- Pan fry any leftover pancetta until crispy.
- Warm the dressing & drizzle over the breaded croute.
- Slice the pigeon breasts and place on top of the spinach/ lambs leaves.
- Garnish with the crispy pancetta.
- Cuisine: Pigeon