Individual Apple crumble and creamy custard
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
There is nothing like a traditional dessert and Apple crumble and creamy custard fits the bill.
- 4 bramley apples peeled, cored and diced
- 100 grams blackberries can be frozen
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 gram plain flour
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 75 grams brown sugar
- 35 grams butter diced
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 ml whole milk
- 175 ml double cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence or 1 pod
- 75 grams caster sugar
Heat the apples, caster sugar and all but four of the blackberries in a pan until the apples start to break down. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, butter and brown sugar in a bowl and work between your fingers until the crumble mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats and pine nuts
- Spread the mix on baking paper on a tray in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Spoon the fruit into a metal ring and scatter the crumble on top.
Carefully lift off the ring before serving. Alternatively you can serve the apple crumble in a ramekin or similar.
- Custard Boil the cream, milk and vanilla. In a bowl beat together the egg yolks and sugar. Add the boiled cream to the egg and sugar mix
- Return to the pan and cook over a low heat, stir constantly until the custard starts to thicken or it might catch the bottom of the pan. When the custard coats the back of a spoon it is ready to serve.
- Decorate the crumble with the remaining blackberries