This is a great way to try Grouse, this easy recipe is a delight to make and delicious. Grouse is a very healthy meat as it is very low in fat
By August 12, 2020Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
This is a great way to try Grouse, this easy recipe is a delight to make and delicious. Grouse is a very healthy meat as it is very …
- 10 Grouse breasts chopped
- 10 Grouse legs de-boned and chopped
- 1 500g ready made puff pastry
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 zest lemon
- 1 beaten egg
- • Firstly sweat the shallot, peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin and lemon zest until tender, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
• When cool add the grouse leg meat.
• Pan sear the grouse breasts for 2-3 minutes each side, season and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- • Slice the grouse thinly and add to the pepper and leg mix.
• Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into rounds 5-6 inches in diameter.
• Place a spoonful of the grouse mix in the centre of each disc, but do not overfill, you can make them as small or as large as you wish.
- • Brush the edges with beaten egg, fold over and press the edges with a fork to make a great seal, you can refrigerate these now and cook them up to 3 hours later.
• Pre heat your oil to 170-175c and fry the empanadas to crisp and golden or you can glaze them with a little beaten egg and bake in a hot oven 210c for about 10-15minutes until golden brown.
• Serve immediately with a rich garlic aioli.