Grilled Partridge a la Diable Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 partridge
- lemon butterflies
- fresh breadcrumbs
- diable sauce
- 1/2 pint espagnole sauce See Game Sauces
- 1 tbsp shallots finely chopped- for diable sauce
- 1 tsp tomato puree for diable sauce
- 1 level tsp chervil chopped - for diable sauce
- 1 sherry glass brandy for diable sauce
- cayenne pepper for diable sauce
- Worcester sauce to taste - for diable sauce
- Split the partridge in two and flatten each half slightly.
- Season and brush the bird with melted butter.
- Cook under a moderate grill for 4 minutes each side.
- Brush with melted butter and coast with fresh white breadcrumbs.
- Finish grilling gently, brushing frequently with melted butter.
- Arrange partridge on serving dish and garnish with watercress, lemon butterflies and thinly sliced gherkins.
- Diable Sauce
- Cook the shallots in butter until lightly coloured. Add brandy and reduce to half. Add espagnole and tomato puree.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add chervil, cayenne and Worcester sauce.