Grilled Grouse Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 very young grouse
- melted butter
- Maitre d’hotel butter unsalted butter, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, minced fresh parsley
- black pepper
- mushrooms grilled
- straw potatoes
- Cut the birds in half and wipe the inside with a damp cloth.
- Season the birds with salt and pepper and brush well with melted butter.
- Cream together unsalted butter, minced parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Put into a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a tight sausage.
Seal the ends and refrigerate.
This can be frozen and used at a later date
- Place the birds in a buttered grill pan and grill under a very hot grill for about 8 minutes each side, brushing with more butter when necessary.
- The birds should not be over-cooked.
- Serve with maitre d’hotel butter on top of each half.