A perfect snack suitable to use with all types of game…
Game Sausage Rolls Recipe
By March 27, 2020Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
A perfect snack suitable to use with all types of game...
- 300 grams quality sausage meat
- 300 grams boneless mixed game meat, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 0.5 tsp juniper berries crushed
- 0.5 tsp black pepper finely ground
- 350 grams puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F/Gas 4. Place the sausage meat in a bowl with the chopped game along with the mace, thyme, juniper and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Sprinkle a work surface with ﬂour. Roll out the pastry to about 40cm x 25cm.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Cut into 5cm lengths and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until risen, puﬀed and golden brown.