Gallantine of Game Recipe
By April 4, 2013Published:
- 1 grouse cooked
- 1 pheasant cooked
- 1/4 lb pork minced
- 1/4 lb veal minced
- 1/2 pint red wine
- 1/2 oz gelatine
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- Slice the breast off the birds and put on one side.
- Remove the rest of the meat, mince and mix with the pork and veal.
- Place the carcases in a pan with the vegetables, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for two hours.
- Strain the stock and boil until reduced to about a pint. Line a terrine or earthenware casserole first with some of the breast, then with the forcemeat, seasoning between each layer.
- Put the terrine in a tin of hot water and cook in a medium oven for an hour.
- Heat the liquid and dissolve the gelatine in this. Allow to cool a little, add the wine and pour over the cooked galatine.
- When set, turn out on to a serving dish and garnish with the rest of the aspic, chopped, with lettuce and tomato.