17 Oct 2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
About the Course
This one day cookery course shows you how to make the most of locally sourced, foraged and fresh seasonal ingredients. An expert chef will guide you through various techniques and flavour combinations that can be adapted throughout the four seasons so that you can create delicious dishes all year round.
Your chef for the day will be Tim Maddams, who rose to fame at the River Cottage as Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Head Chef. Tim is passionate about ethically produced, sustainable, locally sourced food and teaching people how to cook fresh, simple and seasonal dishes at home.
Techniques you will learn on this cookery course:
– How to identify which mushrooms are safe and how to cook and clean them properly
– How to make pasta from scratch and roll it by hand or using a pasta machine
– How to make a delicious flavoured bechamel sauce
– How to knead, shape and cook bread
– How to make a simple curd cheese
– How to hot smoke, a versatile technique which can be used on a variety of meat, fish and game
Dishes on the day will be: *
– Wild mushroom croquettes with salsa verde
– Pasta with slow braised partridge ragu
– Focaccia bread
– Freshly made curd cheese flavoured with herbs and olive oil
– Hot smoked partridge breast
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
Further information and to book please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org