29 Nov 2014
The School of Artisan Food
Lower Motor Yard
Game in a Day
Satisfy your inner hunter and celebrate real wild meat. Learn all about feather and fur with this practical butchery course.
Explore the wide range of game available from the Welbeck Estate as you pluck and skin your way through this hands-on day.
With the guidance of our butchery team you will learn:
- How to identify the age of game.
- How to determine the best preparation methods.
- How to skin and pluck game.
- The importance of hanging.
- Basic game butchery techniques including: trussing and barding of game birds and preparation of saddle of hare and rabbit.
- How to confit legs for use in a game terrine.
- How to best use offal for pâté and terrine making.
Depending on availability, this course will use the following game from the Welbeck Estate:
- Wood pigeon
- Wild goose
Each student will take home:
- Game terrine
- Oven ready game birds
- Oven ready rabbit
This course includes light refreshments and an informal lunch.
All ingredients, equipment and recipes are provided by the School.
To book visit; http://www.schoolofartisanfood.org/coursedetail.aspx?ID=31