18 Oct 2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Seasoned Cookery School
About the Course
The day will revolve around locally sourced game from the Catton Hall estate, where Seasoned cookery school is located. Tim will be teaching a whole range of different techniques & flavour combinations that can be adapted with all different types of game.
Your chef for the day will be Tim Maddams, who rose to fame at the River Cottage as Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Head Chef. Tim is passionate about ethically produced, sustainable, locally sourced food and teaching people how to cook fresh, simple and seasonal dishes at home.
Techniques you will learn on this cookery course:
– How to pluck and dress a pheasant
– Debone a partridge and use the breast to create a delicious seasonal dish
– How to skin and butcher a rabbit
– The process of hot smoking and how this can be used for various types of game
– How to cook venison two ways, pan seared and slow braised
– How to source local seasonal foraged goods, the perfect accompaniment to game
Dishes on the day will include: *
– Potted rabbit with pickled beetroot
– Pan seared venison
– Hot smoked pheasant with salsa verde
– Venison fajitas
– Pan roasted partridge crown with a rich tomato ragu
* We reserve the right to change dishes if dietary requirements or allergies necessitate.
The perfect cookery course for….. anyone who enjoys game but is unsure of how to make the most of it at home. This course is a fun day of tastings and demonstrations as well as being a great way of meeting others who share your passion.
For further information and to book email: firstname.lastname@example.org