Duck With Pan Fried Vegetables And A Red Onion Sauce Recipe
By April 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 8oz duck breasts
- 4 oz smoked streaky bacon chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 large red onions sliced
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1/2 pint red wine
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Add the stock and red wine and simmer until sauce has reduced to 1/2 pint. Season and set aside.
- To prepare the pan fried vegetables, cook the button onions, corn, broccoli and carrot in boiling water until tender and still crisp. Refresh and set aside.
- Score the duck breasts skin and season. Heat the oil in a frying pan until it begins to smoke then add the duck and cook until lightly brown on both sides. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes
- Add the bacon to the frying pan and cook until golden. Add the vegetables and cook until browned.
- To serve, spoon the onion sauce on to warmed serving plates. Arrange the vegetables and bacon, and place the sliced duck breasts on top.