Civet of Hare with Garlic Recipe
By April 5, 2013Published:
- 1 hare
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teacup lemon juice
- 2 glasses red wine
- 1 onion
- 20 small cloves garlic
- 1 dessertspoon fresh herbs chopped
- 1/2 pint stock
- beurre manié equal qtys of flour and butter pressed together
- Joint the hare and marinate for 24 hours in the lemon juice and half the oil.
- Dry the hare and fry in hot oil until brown all over.
- Add the marinade, lemon juice, wine, skinned garlic, herbs and seasoning. Simmer for 3 hours.
- Thicken slightly with beurre manie by stirring it in bit by bit until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add some of the sauce gradually to the hares blood and return to the pan. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve with croutons rubbed with garlic.