Citrus Tart with Raspberry Posset
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 50 mins
A citrus tart always makes a fresh end to any meal, you can reduce the sugar if you prefer it tart.
- 300 grams ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- 3 juice lemon
- 2 zest lemon
- 5 eggs
- 125 ml double cream
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 16 approx. raspberries posset
- 200 ml double cream posset
- 45 grams caster sugar posset
- 1/2 zest and juice lemon posset
- Add the zest and juice of half a lemon to the raspberries and marinate for 1 hour.
Roll out the pastry.
Cut and fold into four individual tart cases and fill with baking beans. Blind bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 to 8 minutes. Oven setting 180°C / Mark 4
Remove the baking beans and return to the oven briefly to dry out the base and turn golden brown.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl with the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Whisk together. Fold in the double cream and pour the mix into the pastry cases. Take care not to overfill.
- Lower the oven setting to 75 c and bake for up to 20 minutes until the filling has set (how long will depend on your oven). The filling should be jelly like when wobbled.
Boil the cream and sugar for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Cut the raspberries into halves and divide them between 4 shot glasses.
Top up with the mix and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to set before serving