Casserole of Quail with Grapes Recipe
By April 10, 2013Published:
- 4 quail
- 4 oz green grapes peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp game stock
- 4 thin rashers fat bacon
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 4 vine leaves
- Truss the birds.
- Rub with salt and pepper and wrap each bird first in a vine leaf and then in fat bacon.
- Saute the birds in the melted butter for 10 minutes
- Remove the birds from pan and arrange in a heat-proof dish.
- Add the grapes. Sprinkle with the fat and juices from the sauté pan and cook, uncovered, in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and brandy and return to the oven, covered, for a further 5 minutes, or until tender.