A punchy, fresh dressing goes really well with a Cajun rubbed venison steak- steaks cut from the haunch are easy to cook and enjoy exactly the way you would do beef steaks.
Cajun spiced venison steaks
By October 8, 2020Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
A punchy, fresh dressing goes really well with a Cajun rubbed venison steak- steaks cut from the haunch are easy to cook and enjoy …
- 4 venison haunch steaks
- 50 grams baby gherkins
- 1 shallot peeled
- 50 grams baby capers
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbs flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp cajun spices
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Generously brush the venison steaks with oil, then season and rub all over with the Cajun spices.
- In a very hot pan, ribbed griddle plate or BBQ, sear the steaks on each side to the degree you prefer.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks from the pan and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Slice the steak at an angle and place onto the plates.
- For the gherkin dressing:
Skin, de-seed and finely dice the tomato. Chop the parsley and keep to one side.
- Finely dice the gherkins and shallots and mix well with the baby capers, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste and add in the tomato and parsley.
- Spoon a generous serving of the dressing over the steaks and serve straight away.