This recipe uses Cajun spices to give a mildly spiced pheasant breast which can be served in a baguette or with a salad.
By August 22, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 mins
A mildly spiced pheasant breast
- 4 pheasant breasts skinless
- 2 tbsp cajun spices
- 100 mls olive oil light
- 150 mls greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- coriander small amount
- 1 cucumber
- Lay the pheasant breast on a flat surface and using a sharp knife cut horizontally into the thickest part of the breast and then all along. Make this cut 3/4 way into the breast and open up. You will have a heart shape escalope the same thickness all the way through.
- Mix the olive oil and Cajun spices together with a whisk.
Dip each breast into the mix and coat well. Lay the pheasant in a dish and pour over the remaining mix. Leave to marinate for at least an hour (preferably over night).
- Peel and deseed the cucumber then grate with a cheese grater.
Place the cucumber in a colander and season with salt; leave while the pheasant is marinating.
Once the cucumber has been allowed to drain, squeeze out the excess water and mix in yogurt, honey and coriander
- Remove the pheasant from the marinade and scrape of any excess.
Season and grill on a medium grill 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with the yoghurt mix, with a fresh baguette and a mixed salad