Blackberry and vanilla crème fraiche
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Lovely light dessert which looks so pretty but easy to make
- 400 grams blackberries can be frozen
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 zest orange
- 1 zest lemon
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 400 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Place blackberries in a pan with sugar, half a teaspoon of vanilla essence and orange and lemon zest.
- Cover with cold water and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. Do not boil.
Place in a container, add lemon juice to taste and leave to cool.
- Place crème fraîche in a large bowl. Add half a teaspoon of vanilla essence. Sieve in icing sugar to taste and whisk until mixed.
- Place crème fraîche in the bottom of a glass, and then add a layer of blackberries, then another layer of crème fraiche and so on.
Serve with homemade or brought shortbread biscuits