Banana and Chocolate Turnovers with Vanilla Ice Cream
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Banana and Chocolate Turnover an easy dessert to go with game, but it looks good on the plate
- 450 grams puff pastry shop brought
- 4 small banana peeled
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 grams good quality dark chocolate grated
- 100 grams good quality dark chocolate sauce
- 5 tbsps milk sauce
- 1 tbsp double cream sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar sauce
- 1 small knob butter sauce
- Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 1/4in (5mm) and cut into 10cm squares. Brush beaten egg round the edges of the pastry square.
- Slice the bananas thinly and arrange over one triangular half of each pastry square. Sprinkle the bananas with grated chocolate.
- Fold over the pastry square along the diagonal to form a triangular envelope. Press down the sides to seal, brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Oven setting 180°C / Mark 4
- For the sauce, melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Place milk, cream and sugar in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add to the melted chocolate and whisk in the butter until it has melted and smooth.
- Serve with the turnovers and vanilla ice cream.