Apple and Local Blue Cheese Tart with Grape Chutney
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
Another great sweet that pairs beautifully with game
- 250 grams puff pastry shop brought
- 2 large eating apples tart
- 1 tbsp sugar tart
- 1 knob butter tart
- 200 grams local blue cheese or Stilton tart
- salt and pepper tart
- 450 grams white grapes chutney
- 50 ml white wine vinegar chutney
- 1/2 stick cinnamon chutney
- 50 grams caster sugar chutney
- 1 splash lemon juice chutney
- First make the chutney. Put grapes, vinegar, cinnamon and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. Quickly lower the heat and simmer. Stir regularly until the chutney reaches jam consistency. Allow to cool, remove the cinnamon add the lemon juice and/or sugar to your taste.
- Roll out puff pastry until about 3mm thick. Cut into four 10cm x 5cm rectangles and place on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Oven setting 180°C / Mark 4.
- To allow the puff pastry to rise evenly, place a wire cooling rack on top of the pastry when cooking. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and leave to cool.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut each quarter into half again. Roll in sugar and heat gently in a pan with knob of butter until caramelised.
- Spread chutney onto each pastry base, and then arrange apple quarters on top with layers of blue cheese in between and on top of the apple. Return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted